Click the Hi-Fi button for the 24 hour broadcast of The Swank Pad. Lounge and kitsch classics abound on this variety show of the 'net. Listen while you surf!
Subscribe to the The Swank Pad Mailing List
Swank Pad's Google Map of Vintage Knoxville
- Swank Pad Blather - The Swank Pad's latest news, findings, musings and discoveries of vintage, morder, Tiki and various oddities!
- Follynesia Folly Beach Vacation Rental - The Swank Pad is offering a Polynesian Tiki themed beach rental in Folly Beach just outside Charleston SC. Close to everything and greatly affordable.
- Mai-Kai Calendar Girls - My collection of Mai-Kai calendars and bits of the history of the girls.
- Swank Pad Productions - Presenting our own line of custom cermamics produced under license with the Mai-Kai and art objexts of all kinds from the Tiki Collective!
- 1967 Avion Camper Brochure - See the wonders of vintage camping in a silver vacation home on wheels!
- The Grogalizer - My companion site for "The Grog Log", "Intoxica" and all The Bum's Tiki drink books. Helps you find the recipes you can make from these great books.
- Mai-Kai - The Postcards - The complete collection of known Mai-Kai postcards
- Spiegel 1969 - The 1969 Spiegel catalog. First we had the Fembots, now we see where they live, and how they treat the men and children...
- Attack of the Fembots! - Where serious megalomaniac scientists go to dress their luscious robot army! These images are real. Women wore these things.
- 1957 Spiegel Catalog - The beautiful world of Star Bright Living. An incredible view of the height of style of the generation!
- 1951 Household magazine - The oddities of life in 1951. Ads that are from another era.
- Knoxville Then & Now - Urban Archeology in Knoxville, TN. I take vintage postcards of diners and motels and find what exists of those locations today. Sometimes the entire building is there, others there is nothing, and many have a tantalizing remnant of their former glory.
- The Swank Pad's Best of Knoxville
- The Building of Hale Tiki - A modern classic tiki bar in Augusta, GA. Swanky, Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al and Basement Kahuna spent a week building out the bar and turned a old shell into a masterpiece Sven Kirsten called one of the finest bars built in recent times.
- Hapa Haole Hideaway Tiki Bar Tour - A tour of my home tiki bar
- The 1961 Corvair catalog. Fun at any speed.
- Vanishing 50s America - Hotels, Homes, Diners, Signs, Architecture and more of what remains of a more beautiful time in America. As I travel, I document it's vanishing past.
- The American Home - Fun views from 1957 Better Homes and Gardens - Incredible furniture and great designs from the height of 1950's culture, at which I take pot shots and poke fun.
- TikiDaze - Retro Tiki Wall Calendar!
- The Swank Vinyl Exotica CD - 32 Tracks of vintage vinyl for your tiki bar soundtrack. From Werner Muller to Charles Mauu and many points in between.
- The Swank Vinyl Exotica CD II - 30 Tracks of vintage vinyl for your tiki bar soundtrack. The exotic mood of the classic tiki bar is recreated from vintage vinyl.
- Hukilau 2002 in Atlanta - I started this tiki event Hukilau in 2002. It was such a huge success, it continues to theis day! Voted best event of the year by Creative Loafing Mazagine.
- Hukilau 2003 at the Mai-Kai - The first year Hukilau was held at the Mai-Kai. Co-organized by Bre-elle and Tristan Ishtar, Hukilau found its new home with the incredible aloha of the Mai-Kai family.
- My Hukilau 2003 Video up on Archive.org
- Hukilau 2004 at the Mai-Kai - The year of the huricane at Hukilau. The best year for Hukilau, and Jeanne hit us!
- Caption the Cartoon Contest - Classic cheesecake cartoons of Bill Ward in a quarterly contest to come up with the best new caption. Winner receives a custom CD of Swank Pad lounge classics
- Mango Fever! - Some eat mango. we drink it! Here's how to prepare it for either.
- Drink recipes for China Village Mai-Tai, and more.
- The Ultra Rare Tiki Gardens Souvenir LP - Sorry, the MP3's have been removed at the request of the owner of the copyrights.
- Puffer Fish Tiki Bar Lamps For Sale - A key part of any tiki bar, the Swank Pad is glad to now sell puffer fish lamps direct to you.
- The Bachelor Pages - A theme page I started many years ago and never finished.
The Swank Pad is the invention of Tim "Swanky" Glazner. He began turning his collections and interests into
web pages many years ago when the internet was a baby. He went on to be best known as co-creator and organizer of the largest Tiki
event in the East, Hukilau. He also writes for Tiki Magazine and started the first tiki carving classes, "Coon Tiki". He was named "Best Mixologist" by Metropulse magazine in 2009 and is head bartender at the Hapa Haole Hideaway in Knoxville. He is currently
researching a book on the Mai-Kai, producing his first tiki mug and various other projects, yet to be public.
So you want to use some images from The Swank Pad? Ok. You can, IF you credit The Swank Pad with a link and
you download the images and put them on your server rather than linking to The Swank Pad images directly. And drop me a line too. Thanks! -Swanky aka Tim Glazner
What is The Big Hairy Deal?