isxmpeg codec download from adobe premier

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 MAC cheapest free adobe acrobat download for windows vista adobe reader download discount adobe player 8 download free adobe 7 flash player download

adobe photoshop trial download

cheap Adobe Fireworks CS5 free adobe photoshop full version download adobe photoshop cs2 trial download cheapest dreamweaver 8 download adobe adobe photoshop 60 download

adobe acrobat download for mac

Adobe After Effects CS5 cheap adobe photoshop cs3 extended download adobe acrobat flash download buy cheap free adobe profesional 8 download download adobe pdf

adobe after affects free download

Adobe Acrobat X MAC cheapest free adobe palace script font download free adobe illustrator download buy cheap download adobe flashplayer for windows xp adobe premiere download full

unable to download adobe flash player

cheap Adobe Acrobat X download adobe elements download free adobe acrobat 5 cheapest free adobe professional download adobe air download

adobe version 6 download

cheap Adobe cs5 for Mac free adobe pdf download free download of adobe pagemaker cheap download full version of adobe audition 3 for free adobe version 6 download

adobe illustrator cs2 download

discount AutoCAD 2011 free download adobe acrobat installer adobe ilrator 9 free download cheap free adobe 8 download adobe 6 download free

download adobe acrobat professional english

Autodesk AutoCAD 2011 MAC discount adobe flash direct download adobe flash player and download cheapest adobe and acrobat and reader and 4 0 and download download adobe imageready

free download adobe flash player

Creative Suite 5.5 buy cheap adobe after affects free download download adobe scanner cheap free adobe falshplayer download safe and secure free adobe flash download

adobe download flash macromedia player

Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium buy cheap adobe pagemaker 7 download download latest adobe discount adobe flash mx download adobe premiere 6 5 download

download free adobe pdf program

cheapest Adobe InCopy CS5.5 adobe flash player 9 zip download adobe acrobat 8 professional free download discount download free adobe illustrator program mac os adobe indesign free download

download adobe reader8

Adobe Indesign CS5.5 discount adobe 6 download free adobe dream weaver 8 download cheap free adobe premiere download adobe illustrator 10 download

adobe macromedia flash player 7 download

software shop discount microsoft adobe reader download adobe reader download cheapest adobe editor free download adobe premiere download

internet explorer crashes upon adobe download

discount AutoCAD 2010 adobe shockwave download download adobe shockwave 5 cheap download adobe photoshop elements 5tutorial adobe acrobat download for mac

safe free adobe flash 9 download

buy cheap AutoCAD for MAC adobe acrobat download crack adobe after affects free download buy cheap adobe acrobat 8 professional free download adobe reader download

adobe acrobat reader freeware download

buy cheap AutoCAD LT adobe photoshop plugins download adobe systems photoshop elements 6 download cheap download adobe after effects cs3 adobe pagemaker with serial download

adobe patch download

adobe acrobat x cheapest ps adobe download free adobe photodeluxe download cheap adobe flash player downloader free download hunter grabber isxmpeg codec download from adobe premier

adobe acrobat rider download

adobe acrobat x suite cheap buy adobe cs2 download how to download adobe flash player movies buy cheap free download adobe after effects for mac free adobe download

adobe 7 download reader

cheap adobe creative suite 4 how to download adobe flash player movies adobe reader 8 download cheapest download latest adobe adobe flash player 9 zip download

free download adobe photoshop

Adobe cs5 Design Premium buy cheap adobe acrobat professional 9 trial download adobe master collection torrent download buy cheap adobe after effects cs2 download can i download adobe filter factory

how to download a adobe flash player video

Adobe CS5 for mac discount adobe illustrator cs2 trial download adobe reader linux download buy cheap download adobe after effects adobe acrobat 8 update download

adobe photoshop elements free download

Adobe cs5 Master Collection cheap adobe acrobat reader freeware download adobe shockwave free download cheapest adobe acrobat reader setup download free download for adobe acrobat

adobe photoshop download for free

cheapest Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 free adobe pdf download download adobe illustrator 9 discount adobe photoshop download trial adobe flash player download for windows vista

download adobe scanner

discount Adobe Illustrator CS5 adobe flash lite download download adobe readere buy cheap adobe pagemill free download free ware download adobe photo shop

download adobe acrobat reader 8

Adobe Photoshop CS5 cheapest free download hustler rmagizne in adobe format download adobe acrobat 7 updates cheap download adobe audition 2 for free adobe illustrator svg filter download

Mazarine Cordial

Saturday 2nd December 2006 - 12:33:49 PM
technoratitechnoratitechnoratitechnorati

img_1008.jpgA friend of ours found this bottle while cleaning out a house in Indiana. He had no idea what it was, but brought it home. We opened this bottle and sampled one of the most incredible flavors ever. A search of the internet has shown nothing. We have no idea if it is still made or imported. I assume not imported for sure. I had tasted nothing so wonderful in my life until we opened up a vintage bottle of Okolehao recently. That flavor was very close. We finished off this bottle and hated to see it empty.

Calling Virani! Do you know anything about this amazing cordial made in Paris? Does anyone out there?

img_1011.jpg

Update 7-21-2012: After searching for these last 6 years, and many dead ends, I just got another bottle of this magical elixir. It is far better than I recalled, and I must say that comparing it to okolehao is not accurate. It is far superior. Like nothing else. It has notes of curry, cinnamon, honey, licurice and an almost menthol, minty finish that is amazing.

Bookmarks: Favorites | Del.icio.us | Blogroll | DiggIt!

14 Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

1. virani

Cusenier is a french brand that sell (I think they belong to Pernod-ricard now) anise liqueur and other aperitif.
    The Mazarine doesn’t exist anymore, that’s an excellent find, I never tasted it.

I know Cusenier used to make the finest Absinthe. Does it taste like it ?
    Here is an ad for a bottle of absinthe of that brand :

Comment left on December 3, 2006 @ 1:44 pm

2. Mark Steel

“Mazarine, an anise liquer, was originally made from a 1637 recipe by monks of the Argentine Abbey of Montbenoit.”

Found quite a few references to it, including a Mazarine l’Orange and Mazarine Blue which are Anise & Cointreau and Anise & Curacao, respectively.

Comment left on December 3, 2006 @ 3:42 pm

3. Swanky

Tasted nothing like Absinthe, or Anise. It has a very warm, spicy, woody taste. Not a liquorice taste at all.

Comment left on December 3, 2006 @ 7:26 pm

4. Terry Hebert

I have in front of me a 4/5 quart bottle Mazarine cordial with the same placard as above, except the 4/5 and Buenos Aires, not Paris.
    Beneath the primary placard a string placard goes up to the top and covered below the lip with ..A. TAYLOR & C0. label as the U.S.A. agent. The string placard has a cross with two cross arms, the lower arm broader than the upper arm. Both ends of each cross arm and the top of the cross have what appears like the outer portion of the three rings of the Trinity symbol. Is this the cross of the Abbey of Montbenoit??

To the side of the vertical string label is a rouge Grande Distillrie round label with a crown above a shield or coat of arms in the middle `and E. CUSENIER Flls Aine & Cie
    below.
    The bottle is triangular base with “Mazarine” and the cross below on the two sides opposite the placard third side. The bottom three edges has the three words CUSENIER, BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINE, with the number3026 below cusenier.
    The bottle was still sealed U.S. revenue label over the shriveled cork. I had no idea how old or irreplaceable the cordial was when I tore open the label, lifted the shriveled cork smelling the fine fragrance and peered inside. I asked my wife and her sisters if I may keep it as we were sorting out the house hold goods of the last century of their aunts and grandparents home. They agreed to my request and I brought it home where I have enjoyed it to nearly the end.
    Only a very few friends have agreed to the quality and uniqueness I attribute to the cordial. The younger generation when offered a taste react like I gave them poison. Oh what is this world coming to!!

Should we all come together and request the abbey to produce the cordial again??

Comment left on February 10, 2007 @ 12:26 am

5. Swanky

The next best thing to this is the taste of Hawaiian okolehau. Oke is much easier to get, though not easy. I am crossing my fingers that oke will soon be available to purchase again and I can savor that taste any night I want. This Mazarine is a wonderful memory. I would love to have it again.

Comment left on February 12, 2007 @ 9:50 am

6. Slamman007

My recently deceased grandfather purchased, a long time ago, a case of the Mazarine Cordial with BUENOS AIRES on the bottom. I have 10 unopened bottles and I am looking to find any information on their value. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Comment left on June 17, 2007 @ 5:11 pm

7. Wendy from Texas

Hi I too have a bottle Mazarine Cordial with BUENOS AIRES on the bottom. I would like to find out the value and possibly sell it. I have no idea where to start. If anyone has any contact information of persons interested please let me know.
    Unfortunately most auction sites do not allow the sale of alcahol.

Comment left on July 8, 2009 @ 5:20 pm

8. Dave

I collect Liqueurs and would be interested in purchasing a bottle of Mazarine.

Comment left on October 8, 2009 @ 9:43 am

9. Jean-Pascal from France

South of France

Hi everybody,

I was doing a web research on ” Mazarine ” when I discovered your discussion. I bought this morning in a secondhand trade two very old triangular bottles with twice the word ” Mazarine ” and two crosses with three branches (in France, it’s the Lorraine country cross : I’m a Lorrain guy, that’s why I bought those bottles… South is far from north-east of France that sometimes deeply miss me – but Lorrain people are so strong that they never cry. Once a year, that’s all).

I can give you now a few informations about that french “religious” alcohol.

First of all, Mazarine was a liquor made by the religious people of the Montbenoit abbey. Montbenoit is one part of Franche-Comté country in North East of France. It’s a famous country for its yellow wine, its”saucisse de morteau”, its cheese called Comté and… and for another magic and dangerous alcohol : “L’absinthe, la Fée Verte” ( in the city of Pontarlier not far from Montbenoit).

Those Religious men invented that special drink, called “élixir Mazarine” because it had a good effect on health, during the year 1637 (France was living the Ten Years War). There was “Anis” herb in its making.

And now, the story becomes very interesting.

Cusenier, French Liquors specialist, made a deal with the Abbey in the beginning of 20th century. The familial firm registered the “Mazarine” mark (with the Lorraine Cross) in 1903. Have a look here ( http://www.legilux.public.lu/leg/a/annexes/1903/annexe_02/annexe_02.pdf ) and do a research using the “mazarine” keyword : you’ll find the registration ( number 1144) for… Luxembourg country and it will answer at many questions I’ve seen in the blog. First of all, You’ll recognize the label of your bottle. And you’ll find some explanations about the liquor and the abbey. Sorry, the document is in french that is the official language of Luxembourg Country (just find a translator like Reverso. That’s what I’m doing to give you the best understanding).

Let’s talk now about the legend :

According to an old book dating of about one century ( “La Nature” – 2nd of June 1894), the invention of the extract of absinthe would be due to a doctor witch name was “Usually” (Yes, “Ordinaire” in French). According to that same legend, the product would have been discovered by the monks of the abbey of Montbenoit and it would be possible very well whether it is of these last ones that Dr Ordinaire held the secret of the preparation of Absinthe.

Amazing ! Is Mazarine The ancestor of the absinthe ?

You know now all what I’ve found this afternoon on the web about the history of Mazarine liquor and of my two bottles which are very differents of yours. I think that mine are 19th century bottles (before Cusenier makes its business deal with the Montbenoit monks).

To conclude, our biggest poets and French artists of the end of the 19th century abused some absinthe which drove crazy but made them so creative and brilliant. We praised it, we sang it, we painted it, we made it poems; it drove crazy and unchained the passions !

Thanks Mazarine !

Bye,

J.P.

P.S. : I don’t know how to add, if it is possible, photos on the blog. I would have liked to show you the very old bottles.

Comment left on February 13, 2010 @ 12:34 pm

10. Jean-Pascal from France

Hi,

I’ve a new information.

It seems that French Montbenoit Abbey was closed in year 1773 ( 16 years before the French Révolution).

Who made Mazarine between 1773 and 1903 (Cusenier trademark) ?

Did the French Monks left France to live in Argentina ? And if so, did they found all the herbs to make Mazarine ?

How is the Absinthe Legend of 1894 possible if Abbey was closed ? Did the monks stayed in France in another place ?

Last thing, my bottle is triangular as the bottles of Terry who left a message on this blog three years ago…. but there are only the words “Mazarine” with Lorraine Cross in old letters on two faces. No Cusenier, no number. Strange.

Here is a link to my photos space on Flickr where you’ll see one of my bottle : http://www.flickr.com/photos/viandox007/sets/72157623320915335/

I’m gonna search.

It’s mysterious.

bye,

J.P.

Comment left on February 16, 2010 @ 2:07 am

11. David cutler

I recently found that 3 sided mazarine bottle in a 1920s landfil sight. It has mazarine on 2 sides with a double cross below the name on both panels. I will e at the Baltimore bottle show on 3/7/2010 and will have it with me if anyone is interested .

Comment left on March 1, 2010 @ 7:06 pm

12. JEAN-PASCAL FROM FRANCE

Hi,

This is a message for you, David, about your triangular bottle. It seems to me that the bottle could perharps be the same as mine.

Is it possible for you to insert somewhere on the web a photo ? Or to send one at that adress : bullox[at]free.fr.

It could help me because I’m still searching for informations about the age of that bottle.

Thanks,

See you (on the web or by mail),

Jean-Pascal

Comment left on March 11, 2010 @ 5:30 am

13. Swanky

I recant my previous statement about Anise. I just tasted it again for the first time in 6 years, and I have tasted Absinthe since. It does have an Anise flavor and it has a distinctive “menthol” like Absinthe. It is very minor. A lasting freshness in the nose like a vapor rub. We definitely tasted curry and cinnamon flavors and maybe honey.

We were very glad to get this new bottle in the mail.

Comment left on July 23, 2012 @ 9:36 am

14. Marybeth

I have had an opened 750 ml bottle of Cusenier Maraschino for 37 years. It is straw wrapped and 34cm tall. I was wondering if you knew if it is still any good, how old it really might be and if it perhaps this is the last one of these on the face of the earth. I cannot find any information on this and would live some health. Thank you. PS Love your blog!

Comment left on April 11, 2013 @ 11:35 am