isxmpeg codec download from adobe premier

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 MAC cheapest free adobe acrobat download for windows vista adobe reader download discount adobe player 8 download free adobe 7 flash player download

adobe photoshop trial download

cheap Adobe Fireworks CS5 free adobe photoshop full version download adobe photoshop cs2 trial download cheapest dreamweaver 8 download adobe adobe photoshop 60 download

adobe acrobat download for mac

Adobe After Effects CS5 cheap adobe photoshop cs3 extended download adobe acrobat flash download buy cheap free adobe profesional 8 download download adobe pdf

adobe after affects free download

Adobe Acrobat X MAC cheapest free adobe palace script font download free adobe illustrator download buy cheap download adobe flashplayer for windows xp adobe premiere download full

unable to download adobe flash player

cheap Adobe Acrobat X download adobe elements download free adobe acrobat 5 cheapest free adobe professional download adobe air download

adobe version 6 download

cheap Adobe cs5 for Mac free adobe pdf download free download of adobe pagemaker cheap download full version of adobe audition 3 for free adobe version 6 download

adobe illustrator cs2 download

discount AutoCAD 2011 free download adobe acrobat installer adobe ilrator 9 free download cheap free adobe 8 download adobe 6 download free

download adobe acrobat professional english

Autodesk AutoCAD 2011 MAC discount adobe flash direct download adobe flash player and download cheapest adobe and acrobat and reader and 4 0 and download download adobe imageready

free download adobe flash player

Creative Suite 5.5 buy cheap adobe after affects free download download adobe scanner cheap free adobe falshplayer download safe and secure free adobe flash download

adobe download flash macromedia player

Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium buy cheap adobe pagemaker 7 download download latest adobe discount adobe flash mx download adobe premiere 6 5 download

download free adobe pdf program

cheapest Adobe InCopy CS5.5 adobe flash player 9 zip download adobe acrobat 8 professional free download discount download free adobe illustrator program mac os adobe indesign free download

download adobe reader8

Adobe Indesign CS5.5 discount adobe 6 download free adobe dream weaver 8 download cheap free adobe premiere download adobe illustrator 10 download

adobe macromedia flash player 7 download

software shop discount microsoft adobe reader download adobe reader download cheapest adobe editor free download adobe premiere download

internet explorer crashes upon adobe download

discount AutoCAD 2010 adobe shockwave download download adobe shockwave 5 cheap download adobe photoshop elements 5tutorial adobe acrobat download for mac

safe free adobe flash 9 download

buy cheap AutoCAD for MAC adobe acrobat download crack adobe after affects free download buy cheap adobe acrobat 8 professional free download adobe reader download

adobe acrobat reader freeware download

buy cheap AutoCAD LT adobe photoshop plugins download adobe systems photoshop elements 6 download cheap download adobe after effects cs3 adobe pagemaker with serial download

adobe patch download

adobe acrobat x cheapest ps adobe download free adobe photodeluxe download cheap adobe flash player downloader free download hunter grabber isxmpeg codec download from adobe premier

adobe acrobat rider download

adobe acrobat x suite cheap buy adobe cs2 download how to download adobe flash player movies buy cheap free download adobe after effects for mac free adobe download

adobe 7 download reader

cheap adobe creative suite 4 how to download adobe flash player movies adobe reader 8 download cheapest download latest adobe adobe flash player 9 zip download

free download adobe photoshop

Adobe cs5 Design Premium buy cheap adobe acrobat professional 9 trial download adobe master collection torrent download buy cheap adobe after effects cs2 download can i download adobe filter factory

how to download a adobe flash player video

Adobe CS5 for mac discount adobe illustrator cs2 trial download adobe reader linux download buy cheap download adobe after effects adobe acrobat 8 update download

adobe photoshop elements free download

Adobe cs5 Master Collection cheap adobe acrobat reader freeware download adobe shockwave free download cheapest adobe acrobat reader setup download free download for adobe acrobat

adobe photoshop download for free

cheapest Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 free adobe pdf download download adobe illustrator 9 discount adobe photoshop download trial adobe flash player download for windows vista

download adobe scanner

discount Adobe Illustrator CS5 adobe flash lite download download adobe readere buy cheap adobe pagemill free download free ware download adobe photo shop

download adobe acrobat reader 8

Adobe Photoshop CS5 cheapest free download hustler rmagizne in adobe format download adobe acrobat 7 updates cheap download adobe audition 2 for free adobe illustrator svg filter download

Kay’s Ice Cream – Maryville, TN

Saturday 25th November 2006 - 9:42:40 AM
technoratitechnoratitechnoratitechnoratitechnorati

I had seen on Les Jones’ blog that Kay’s in Maryville had closed. On our way to the mountain cabin on Thanksgiving, we drove by to take a look.

Kay's front

Notice the letters on the front door.

Kay's side

Kay's Sign

Looks like mint chocolate chip to me. I have searched far and wide for an image of the large Kay’s sign with the ice cream cone and the boy on the ladder with the extra long tongue licking it to no avail. The last one I knew of was on Chapman Highway and it dissappeared around the turn of the century.

Letters

It brought out some fans. Here on the door is a long letter telling about this family’s long history with Kay’s. I ate there a few times myself over the years.

Bookmarks: Favorites | Del.icio.us | Blogroll | DiggIt!

13 Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

1. Josh Ellis

This is truly depressing news…I grew up walking to Kays from my friends house everyday in the summer to get a burger with the quarters we find layin around the house. Maryville is truly dying off…

Comment left on November 29, 2006 @ 8:01 am

2. Mark Steel

Dammit, ya know, I was sitting here thinking about driving to Maryville and eating at Kay’s … then I see this?

I guess I’ll go to Ali Baba’s and get a “Vol-burger-Fry-eat-here” instead…

Comment left on November 30, 2006 @ 12:19 pm

3. David

There’s still a Kays Ice Cream. On Chapman Highway in the Colonial Village section of South Knoxville. It’s the last one left.

Comment left on February 19, 2007 @ 2:29 pm

4. Swanky

Actually, I think there are a couple in the Tri-Cities area. I say that, but it has been a couple of years since I was there. The Halls location closed not too long ago. The one on Clinton Highway was the last to have the large ice cream cone sign with the boy on the ladder licking it.

Comment left on February 19, 2007 @ 2:53 pm

5. Sal West

I always loved Kays Ice cream and there delious hotdogs,whe I worked in Knoxville in the 60’s and 70’s that is where I would eat,I moved to Cleveland,Tn and they had Kays Kastle but served the same menu as kays at Knoxville,I am still looking for Kays Ice Cream at the Supermarkets but none to be found,Does anyone know if they still make Ice cream theres and Mayfieleds are the only ones fit to eat.

Comment left on October 31, 2007 @ 9:22 pm

6. Kitty DeLucks

I remember going to the Kay’s in Crossville when I was a kid.
    There was wallpaper in the joint that was nothing but dots-maybe 2 inches in diameter. They held a contest once to see who could guess how many dots were on the wall. Apparently someone at one time had to count in order to have a contest. Also, one year, Santa parachuted from an airplane and had ice cream coupons from Kay’s.
    I never went to the Maryville Kay’s, but when I move back to Knoxville in December, I plan on going to the Chapman Hwy. Kay’s again to support the business and childhood memories.

Comment left on November 13, 2007 @ 3:40 pm

7. Swanky

I’m told their ice cream is still available at one of the grocery stores. Food City maybe? This Kay’s is nearly ready to open again as of this last weekend. I has been renovated and will be an ice cream place again. It looks nice and they kept the ice cream cone sign.

Comment left on November 13, 2007 @ 7:56 pm

8. Nancy

I was born in Knoxville & my daddy and family were born in Fountain City. We moved to Tx when I was only 3 but returned to Knox every summer vacation to see family BUT even before we would go to my grandmothers house we ALWAYS stopped @ KAy to get tamales! My daddy loved them so much he finally talked them into giving him the receipe and we made them in TX @ home for @ least 35 yrs. I am now 62 and my daddy has passed away. I would so like to carry on our family tradition of making those tamales for my daddy. I do have the receipe but of course I dont have any more papers after he died. I think he used to have his sister go by Kays & buy them to send to him. Every yr I think about those tamales & my kids even ask me when Im going to make them. I could use shucks but I want the authenic papers like my daddy loved to use. Could u PLEASE tell me how I could get some of those papers to make tamales? I cant even find a phone no website or anybody to contact until I saw u! Uf you worked @ Kays all those yrs in Knox you probably knew my daddy! His name was Hubert Yarbrough. Please let me know if you can help me find out where I can still get those papers ! Sincerely, Nancy Merrifield 3425 Beekman Dr. Keller TX 76248 (817)562-1410 or (817)909-3847 MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN THE COMING YEAR!

Comment left on December 19, 2008 @ 10:49 am

9. Josh Ellis

Yes, Food City would be correct. They have made an effort to keep producing the local brands that have gone out of business. Nancy, email me, I would be happy to stop by Chapman Highway one day and pick those papers up for you.
    jellis36@gmail.com

Comment left on January 21, 2009 @ 1:13 am

10. Kathy

I shopped at Food City last week and reached in the freezer to pick up a Breyer’s ice cream and noticed that the container had shrunk big time! That’s when I noticed the Kay ice creams right next to Breyer’s. I had never heard of them before but bought the black raspberry in a ‘full sized’ container, not skimpy like Breyer’s, and for 50 cents less. And we love it! It’s delicious!

Comment left on January 27, 2009 @ 7:32 am

11. David

The last of the original Kay’s Ice Cream stores is the one in Colonial Village in South Knoxville. The owners closed the Maryville location because they couldn’t renew their lease. They haven’t made their own ice cream since the 1980’s, but what they sell is good quality ice cream. The stuff sold in Food City grocery stores has the Kays name on the carton, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the real Kay’s Ice Cream.

Comment left on February 14, 2009 @ 7:29 pm

12. Liz

We just tried Kay’s ice cream at the Value King Supermarket here in Ohio. It is the best ice cream we have ever had, and it is very reasonably priced. Thanks Value King for giving us Kay’s.

Comment left on April 7, 2009 @ 4:45 pm

13. Dwan Faison

I would love to know about the Kays hamburgers in Maryville, Tn. They had the best burgers very thin and the meat tasted a little different than the real hamburger meat from the grocery store. Does anybody know what kind of burgers those were? Soy burgers maybe? I would love to know, they were delicious!

Comment left on May 19, 2013 @ 5:42 pm